14 Jan 2008

Blackberry

I won't get lost in London any longer thanks to my Blackberry 8310 GPS. Yihaa. It wasn't easy to obtain one, as I needed a British bank account. So first I headed to NatWest. Poor bank. They were not able to give me an account as they had no official proof of my London address. Lloyds TSB did better: they gave me a current account without credit facilities (I don't need them, not yet). I can do internetbanking with Lloyds TBS just with a username and a password. Very weird, like it is webmail. No digital key at all.

The Londoners believe they are about the most advanced people in the universe. But they aren't. For example there grocery stores ... they are behind in comparison with the continent. They really shouldn't exagerate.

Waiting for me: the heavy job to learn to use the Blackberry. I am not very talented when it comes to handheld devices. But I am very motivated!

And I am getting good on the bike. I am positively surprised by the speed of the other bikers. They are really fast!!

No comments: